WEEK 9 – OCT. 12-18, 2009 During these final weeks of our season a few important things to remember.
1. BE CAREFUL WITH EXTRA STUFF – don’t twist your ankle on a trampoline or playing BBall, or soccer, or paintball or on your motocross bike, or …. IT WILL END YOUR SEASON !!
2. Early bedtimes. You will need extra rest and extra sleep.
Do not stay up late watching TV and playing on the internet-
3. Eat right – no pop, no junk food, no greasy foods. Go light on the protein and high on the carbohydrates. Eat a substantial breakfast and a GOOD lunch. Your lunch is especially important to give you the proper fuel you need for practice. NO greasy school pizzas and chips and pop. A nice turkey sandwich with lettuce and tomato with some carrots and a Gatorade is perfect. Same for dinner – stay away from steaks and meatloaf and greasy foods like that. High protein foods are hard to digest and slow to metabolize. You needs carbs and fruits and vegetables and lots of liquids. TAKE YOUR VITAMINS. That means IRON ladies.
4. NO sharing water bottles – no sharing foods – and WASH your hands. This will keep you from getting sick.
5. Varsity – you have ONLY 4 races left in your season, JV you have only 3.
6. Injuries ? Sore knee? Tired? DON’T HIDE IT FROM COACH. Tell me your troubles, a day of rest may be all you need. A little bit of ibuprofen can HELP a small ache or soreness, too much is bad news.
This is the time where many coaches say that the season is “almost over.” It is not. It is actually just beginning. Now is when things will get exciting.
Now is when you will begin to see the fruits of your labor. Now is when you’ll see how running 500 miles to prepare for a 3.1 mile race works. REGIONALS IS ONLY 12 (yes, TWELVE) days away after Sunday. State Finals in 20 days.
NEXT WEEK TUESDAY – HOME BNC Finals !! Our FINAL conference meet ! Big hills, lots of fun.
JV will be race SEPARATE FROM VARSITY – the Portage people run varsity.
Monday Oct 12 -- regular practice, 2 mi warm, 45-50 minute run to Aspen and back.
Tuesday Oct. 13 - 2 mile warm, 40-60 minutes easy.
Wed. Oct 14 - @ GAYLORD COUNTRY CLUB. GET A RIDE. 2 mile warm, then 6x 3 minute drill.
2 mile cooldown
Thurs. Oct 15 - 2 mile warm, cals, easy 3-5 miles on course coach gives you.
Friday Oct. 16 - 2 mile warm, 13 x 400m FAST. Each one should be ONE second faster than the last.
You will get full recovery between these, 2 mile cool.
Sat. Oct. 17 - Aspen Park 10am, easy run 30-60 minutes.
SUNDAY Oct. 18 - OFF, rest, everyone, no running, no raking leaves, no work, rest up.
Monday Oct 19 – easy run with strides
Tuesday Oct 20 – BIG NORTH CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS