Week 3 – CC Practice the week after team camp.
Monday Aug 23rd – 2 mile warmup loop. Trail to paved part, then the whole outside loop. Cals, High Knee Drills. Varsity – whole 6 mile loop, work the hills, easy on the flats. Please stay together in groups of your ability. Newcomers and freshmen, outta shape people easy 30-40 minutes
Tuesday Aug 24th – 2 mile warmup loop. Trail to paved part, then the whole outside loop. Cals, High Knee Drills. Varsity – whole 6 mile loop, easy. Please stay together in groups of your ability. Newcomers and freshmen, outta shape people easy easy 20-30 minutes.
Wednesday - Trail to paved part, then the whole outside loop. Cals, High Knee Drills. 1 x MILE TIMED HARD on PAVED portion of Aspen Loop. Rest, easy 800m 1 x MILE TIMED AGAIN. Your goal is to have the SAME TIME or FASTER on the second one. Noobs – easy 15 minutes cool down. Varsityish – easy 20-30 minute cool down.
Thursday – 2 mile warmup – Scavenger Hunt – BOYS VS GIRLS, then easy 4 miles.
Friday – 2 mile warmup, cals and high knees. HILL WORKOUT –
Saturday – easy 45 min to 1 hour 30 minutes depending on who you are.
Sunday - off or easy run.
THINGS TO REMEMBER
1. It will take us until about the first of October until you really will be anywhere close to your best. Be patient, keep working hard, and keep a positive attitude.
2. Remember to run in groups – its so much easier to work together. Many of you will try to push our easy day runs TOO HARD. These runs will be in groups based on ability – DO NOT go faster than the group and if someone begins to drop off the WHOLE group slows down.
3. Use your arms on the hills.
4. Many of you have different goals for this season. Some want 1st places and medals, some want to get in shape for another sport, some want to make varsity, some want to have fun. Remember, we are a diverse group – but one thing is true for everyone – WE ARE DOING THIS SO THAT YOU CAN BE THE BEST RUNNER YOU CAN BE THIS SEASON. I’LL ACCEPT NOTHING BUT YOUR BEST EFFORT AND YOUR BEST ATTITUDE.
5. FRESHMAN & new runners – take it easy, enjoy your running and stick with it. In a couple weeks you’ll be in shape and feeling much better. Keep a positive attitude, we’re glad we have you !!!!
6. REMEMBER – This is the part of the season where we BUILD YOUR BASE of endurance. If you feel like running longer, that’s great. Run more miles on Friday, Saturday. It will only help you in the end.
7. Our our first meet is a week from Wed. at CLARE !!