Sunday, November 14, 2010
Here are the 7 things talent cannot do.
1. TALENT CANNOT MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICES FOR YOU. No matter what your talent level, when you hit tough choices, on and off the playing field, you have make those choices just like everyone else.
2. TALENT CANNOT BUILD TEAM UNITY. Team unity begins when each runner knows that they are part of a whole. No matter how talented the individual is, no one can succeed alone.
3. TALENT CANNOT MAKE YOUR TEAMMATES BETTER. You have to work to make the people around you better. Elevating the speed of your team takes time and patience.
4. TALENT CANNOT HUSTLE. Talent will fail in tough circumstances, but you can make those circumstances work in your favor by doing the things that don't show up on the stat sheets.
5. TALENT CANNOT TEACH YOU. Taking the time to listen to those who have been where you are will help you take your game to the next level.
6. TALENT CANNOT KEEP YOU IN SHAPE. In running, talent without physical conditioning is often worse than having no talent at all. It makes the runner think "Why am i not as good as i used to be?" In fact, you ARE as good as you used to be... you just need to put in the miles and show everyone that this is the case. Work hard to get in great shape, and your talent will shine even brighter.
7. TALENT CANNOT PRESERVE YOUR REPUTATION. The sports world is full of people who sacrificed their potential influence for temporary satisfaction. You will increase your influence if you use your talent the right way and choose a good reputation.
Thursday, November 11, 2010
This message was sent using the Picture and Video Messaging service from Verizon Wireless!
To learn how you can snap pictures and capture videos with your wireless phone visit www.verizonwireless.com/picture.
Note: To play video messages sent to email, QuickTime� 6.5 or higher is required.
Saturday, November 6, 2010
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Be sure to read carefully the information here:
We have complete compilation of entries and handed those off to the chip timing company and the printer to prepare the program. All entries as they will appear in the program are posted with bib numbers here:
The timing will be by D-Tag this year, so you should be sure to cover how to use a D-Tag with your athletes -- DO NOT FLATTEN IT!
You may make substitutions to team members by emailing email@example.com through Thursday at 5:00 p.m. After that time you may still make changes either at packet pickup on Friday in Brooklyn or at MIS on Saturday subject to cut-off times of 9 a.m. for D4 and D3 and noon for D2 and D1. Individual qualifiers may not be substituted.
Box assignments are posted here:
Your spectators may order on-line tickets to avoid lines at MIS. Please pass on this information to parents!
Use this link: https://mhsaa.ticketleap.net/
All persons entering the facility need either a ticket or wristband to enter. Cash only on site.
General spectator info is here:
There is lots of additional information for coaches, fans and spectators here:
The course will be exactly the same as in years prior.
2010 Coordinators of Final Meet Entries
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
1200 noon – meet at Coach’s side door packed up and ready to roll.
345pm - Arrive at Holiday Inn Express – 2209 University Park Dr, Okemos, MI - (517) 349-8700
Unpack, take shower, clean up, get organized
4-445pm EASY WORKOUT, then shower
5pm – Head out to dinner @ Olive Garden by the mall – mmm good. GHS pays for your dinner.
6:30 – Dinner done, off to the mall
9:00 – Back at hotel relax, quiet time
910 – Boys TEAM MEETING
940 – Girls TEAM MEETING
10:30 – In bed, lights out.
800am – Wake up, pack, shower or wake up, shower, pack --
845am – Showered, packed, ready to head down to breakfast
845-930am – TEAM breakfast – school pays.
940 – back to rooms, check out, pack vehicles
10am – On the road to MIS and the 2010 MHSAA State Cross Country Meet
1115 – Arrive MIS – Light snack time – sandwich, banana, Gatorade, water etc.
1130 – Tent set up, bathroom stop, go buy a state finals T-shirt
12- 1245 – Team go through course, coach gets team packets, chips put on shoes
1-120 warmup, stride outs Cals, stretch etc
1:30 pm - BOYS Division 2 Cross Country Finals race
1:30 Girls watch boys race then follow on warmup
2:30pm - GIRLS Division 2 Cross Country Finals race
3:45 – AWARDS
4:30 – on the road to Gaylord
5:30 – stop to eat @ Lansing – Jet’s Pizza ??
7:30 - Back on the road
10pm – Home ?
MHSAA website has all kinds of good info www.mhsaa.com follow links to cross country and spectator information.