2013 Cross Country MHSAA REGIONALS
Saturday, October 26, 2013
Division 1 – Region 1
Division 2 – Region 10
Division 3 – Region 19
Division 4 – Region 29
Hosted by Traverse City Central High School and the Grand Traverse Resort
Cody Inglis, Meet Director
W: 231-933-8208 firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Grand Traverse Resort - Spruce Run Golf Course,
100 Grand Traverse Village Blvd. Acme, MI 49610
7:30 Course Opens/Packet Pick-up starts
10:00 Division 4 Girls
10:30 Division 3 Girls
11:00 Division 4 Boys
11:30 Division 3 Boys
12:00 Division 3 and 4 Results and Awards
1:30 Division 2 Girls
2:00 Division 1 Girls
2:30 Division 2 Boys
3:00 Division 1 Boys
3:30 Division 2 and 1 Results and Awards
THERE WILL BE NO PROM RACE (Post Regional Open Meet).
Timing and Scoring: Michiana timing systems (pull-tags) will be used to time and score each race.
Roster Entry: You must register your team online at www.athletic.net by Friday, October 18, at 4:00 p.m. according to MHSAA Instructions.
Opt-Out Date: Friday, October 18, 2013. Must submit a master eligibility form by this date for all schools entering a team in this tournament. If you have not sent one please send to email@example.com or fax to 231-933-8209
Hotel and Lodging information: Please contact the Grand Traverse Resort and Spa for special room rates. Please contact Katie Reas at 800-968-7352 or firstname.lastname@example.org . In addition Sarah Barnard at the Traverse City Convention and Visitors Bureau can be reached for hotels other than the Resort in and around the Traverse City Area at 800-872-8377.
Michigan Uniform Rules: Michigan uniform and jewelry rules apply. Wrist watches may be worn. Uniforms must meet NFHS and MHSAA rules and regulations. If you should have questions please ask one of the starters prior to your race.
Packet Pick-up: Please pick up your final instructions packet upon arriving at the coaches’ canopy. We will have course maps, participant numbers & safety pins on the day of the meet.
Course Description and Preview: High school distance is 5000 meters. The course will be available for preview Friday, October 25, 3:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. and Saturday at 7:30 a.m.
Results: Printed results will be provided for each race and made available to coaches and press. Results will also be posted online at athletic.net.
State Qualifiers: The top 3 teams in each division qualify for the MHSAA State Finals at MIS. All medalist finishers who are NOT members of a qualifying team will advance to the finals as individuals.
Finals Packets: Packets for finalists will be available to coaches after the awards presentation. Don’t leave without this information, which is needed for finals the next week.
Shirt Sales: MHSAA Tournament gear will be sold at the event. Cash and checks will be accepted as payments, made payable to TCAPS.
Concessions: The Grand Traverse Resort will be offering a variety of food and beverages for sale at their concessions tent.
Bathroom/Dressing Facilities: Porta-jons will be available for athletes and spectators on site
near the starting line. Athletes should come to the meet dressed, as locker rooms are not available.
Parking: Please follow instructions of the parking personnel, who will be on-site guiding you to specified parking areas. Please email me if you are not using busses and we will make arrangements to alert our parking personnel.
· The MHSAA requires a $10 per car and $5 per person charge for Parking. Please follow the parking signs posted.
· Buses will be asked to drop off teams along S. Village Dr. and then park in the main lot of the Grand Traverse Resort. Please advise busses to enter off the main resort entrance off US-31 and follow Village Dr. through the resort toward Lautner Rd.
· Team vans may park in the grass lot at corner of Lautner Rd. and S. Village Dr., to the north of the start area.
· Spectator cars may park in the lot in grass lot north of the start area at Lautner and S. Village Dr. of the Resort. If athletes are traveling separately with their parents and choose to park in the spectator lot, we will ask that they pay a parking fee. Please advise your spectators of this fee.
· Per MHSAA rules, advise your spectators pets are not allowed, nor alcohol or tobacco products.
We look forward to seeing your teams compete and would like to thank you in advance for attending.