Hey GHSXC runners it is our last Aspen run of the summer as next week WED AUG 9th is our first official day of practice. We will meet at Aspen Park at 9am.
Also, we will have a PARENT MEETING ON THIS SAME DATE - AUGUST 9th, 6pm at Gaylord High School. I will go through team regulations, team camp information and all that good stuff.
A few things to remember.
1. YOU MUST HAVE A PHYSICAL FIRST DAY OF PRACTICE. NO PHYSICAL NO RUN.
2. Team camp is Aug 21-24.
3. We have a new rule - the SIX DAY RULE. Miss six days of practice "unexcused" and your season is done. There are plenty of reasons you can be excused from practice - family functions, doctor appointments, senior pictures, etc. But these must be communicated to me IN ADVANCE. If you are randomly missing from practice it is unexcused. I will go through this more at our parent meeting. Work is NOT an excused absence unless you communicate with me and we make a plan to make sure this does not happen any more.
4. Be sure you've come to 4 summer Aspen Runs - you need these to go to camp. I have a few people who have only 3 summer Aspen runs and they'll be doing some "make up" runs. Be sure you have LOGGED your summer miles on a calendar. "New" runners need 80, experienced runners need 120 miles to go to camp.
5. Aug 9,10, 11 Practice is at Aspen 9am.
6. Aug 14-18 Practice is at Aspen 9am.
7. Team Camp is Aug 21-24 -- IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO TEAM CAMP THERE WILL BE PRACTICE DURING THESE DAYS. I WILL GIVE YOU MORE INFORMATION AT THE PARENT MEETING.